The COVID-19 pandemic has created an unprecedented time for our country and there is no playbook for companies and employees. As states started to impose stay-at-home orders, BRMi was embarking on highly anticipated employee integration activities with our newly acquired company, DMS. These in-person events were put on hold and the BRMi leadership team pivoted to implementing a remote-and-connected business strategy to support our employees and keep morale high. Some of the actions we are taking include:
- Conducting frequent all-company updates to ensure transparency and connection
- Increasing engagement of our BRMi Cares community service organization—one of the first pandemic related community events was to make and deliver masks to Sibley Hospital
- Leaning into career development by offering virtual training opportunities and expanding our internal knowledge sharing COEs (RPA, DevSecOps)
- Creating virtual “watercoolers” through on-line platforms
- Encouraging staycations
- Surveying staff for feedback on remote working needs and addressing their concerns
These efforts have seen an increase in employee engagement and as we adjust to our “new normal,” we expect that some of these initiatives will continue into our future. Please share good ideas on how your company is supporting employees during this pandemic event.